Stuff We Heart
Here are some of our favorite resources for everything vintage; from hair styling supplies and accessories to vintage clothing and sources for inspiration. Please let us know if there is a website you think should be on the list!
Vintage Hair Accessories
- This place has so many wonderful and unique flowers for your hair.
Inspiration for Hair Ideas
- Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen
- A site full, and I mean FULL, of 100s of photographs of starlets and full biographies on each one. And it does pay to be a member of this site!
- My Baby Jo
- This shop is based in LA, but ships all over the world. Darla and company have an amazing selection of reproduction clothing from many companies available.
- Viva La Vintage
- This shop is chock full of vintage clothing and accessories. It also gets high marks for style. The owners have great taste in offerings!
- Pin-up Girl Clothing
- A huge selection of the vintage look in reproduction clothing so you don't have to search high and low for something that will fit a modern girl.
- Deadly Night Shades
- Save money by buying cheap lamps at the thrift store and then splurge on these custom lampshades. They make your living room retro in an instant!
- The Pin-up Post
- This is a fun interactive website to see lots of perfect pin-up photography.
- Lana Landis
- An amazing combination of elements, music, and photography creates a really fun website to take you back in time.
- Burlesque As It Was
- Along with a very talented burlesque troop, you will find a beautiful book written by Vivienne VaVoom on the history of and the new Burlesque movement.
Interesting Information Resources
- Craig's Big Bands and Big Names
- I came across this website in a search for my before-my-time crush Johnnie Ray. It has oodles of information on amazing singers and musicians from the 40s through the 60s.